We’re delighted to introduce our FIRST TIME BUYERS INCENTIVE, we know that buying your first home can be ALOT so we thought this incentive might help a little.
Basically if you’re a first time buyer come into us and we’ll give you 8% off your purchases. There has to be at least one piece of furniture and you have to spend over 500 euro (excluding shipping) and you’ll get 8% off. Please note this can only be used once by customers so make sure you’ve got your list ready to go!
Now read on for some tips on buying for your first home from our in house expert Sorcha…
First Time Buyers Guide to Furniture
CURATE YOUR TASTE
Here’s the fun part! Before you do anything you need to curate your taste, find out what you like and dislike and put all that inspiration together. We love Pinterest for interiors inspiration but magazines and Instagram work just as well. This will help establish your style and is a great place to start from when figuring out your overall plan.
What are your main priorities when selecting furniture for your home? Is there a more important room you want to focus on to begin with? I always think a functioning kitchen and bedroom is important. Reflect on how you plan on using your home and this will identify what pieces of furniture you’ll need.
ESTABLISH YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS
This is a recurring theme when buying new furniture, finding a happy medium between what you want and what you need is crucial ie allocated working from home furniture is a need as apposed to a want therefore should be high prioirty. A sofa and a bed is a need as it will be used constantly by yourselves and guests and so is another priority item. Everyone’s situation is unique to them so establishing this from the get go is important.
INVESTMENT AND ENVIRONMENT
When buying furniture for the first time its always important to think long term, although it might be tempting to buy ‘fill in furniture’ for the time being – this can oftern lead to low quality furniture that needs constant updating. We recommend buying in a ‘slow and steady’ manner – and pick those pieces you really love, yes this might take a little longer however you will end up happier with your piece, closer to your desired concept and it is much more sustainable for the environment.
MEASUREMENTS AND LAYOUT – WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU BUY + WHAT YOU NEED
- The more you pre plan before a purchase, the better! Informed choices are better choices.
- Masking Tape – get the measurements of the furniture piece and tape these measurements out on the floor of the area you were thinking of for your desired piece. Walk around it. This will give you a great indication of how it fits in the space and if you’re happy with it.
- Measuring tape is crucial!
- Photos of fabric colours/ wood/ wallpaper etc – it’s not always possible to get a sample so take a picture of the fabric/ furniture piece in natural light and then put the photo down in the area you’re thinking and see how you feel about it.
WHAT’S THE MVP PIECE FOR EACH ROOM?
It’s important to have your MVP/ Core pieces that you’re going to use everyday as the pieces you invest in most – these are the pieces you’ll be using day in, day out so they should be showstoppers!
And remember, your home should reflect YOU, who you are and what you love. Don’t be swayed by trends unless YOU love it, you’re gonna be looking at it/ sitting on it for a loooong time.
So if you are a first time buyer, come into us and let’s chat!
Our first time buyer incentive includes:
- 8% off first time buyer order
- this order must include at least one piece of furniture + must be over 500 euro (excluding shipping)
- Can only be used once per customer
If you have any queries on this just send us a mail on hello (at) aprilandthebear.com