This is a trying time for many, there is so much uncertainty.
However it has been so refreshing and heart-warming to see so many people supporting local businesses and calling out unique ways to get them through these tough times. For us, our customers have been amazing. In fairness you always are but you have outdone yourselves in the last week.
We’d like to do a little shout out to the independents we love, to those that have supported us over the years – be that through visiting one of our pop up shops or kind words expressed through Instagram or just because we LOVE what they do. Of course this list is BY NO MEANS EXHAUSTIVE but we heart them – so it would be awesome if you could show them a little love, be that through social media or financially and obviously only if you have the means to do so.
Keep safe, stay in + stay positive
- SCOUT in Temple Bar – Wendy has the most divine store, full to the brim with the most gorgeous Irish products, she was one of the first people to reach out to us when we started (on insta) and then years later she actually suggested the Cows Lane store that we eventually moved into. She and Zara are the BEST and they have the best knits ever.
- MOMUSE in Powerscourt, Mags has created such an enchanting store and has always been so lovely whenever our paths have crossed. Delicious jewellery.
- GUTTER BOOKSHOP in Temple Bar – old neighbours of ours, Bob and his team are so passionate about what they do and so good at it.
- LOULERIE on Chatham Street – Louise has created such a cool store, I used to work in a clothes boutique across the road and even way back then Louise and her store were streets ahead of everyone else. She and her jewels are the epitome of chic.
- TAMP + STITCH in Temple Bar- quirky cool store with seriously yum coffee and baked goods.
- INDIGO + CLOTH in Temple Bar – this has to be the coolest store in Dublin for the boys, the clothes are simple and so chic and the team they have in there are so passionate about what they do and super duper sound.
- TROPICAL POPICAL – the best joint for a gelish AND they give you a lilt in a PINEAPPLE!
- APPASSIONATA – this shop is stunning, they make the most exquisite floral arrangements and I have such a girl crush on Ruth. She’s so sweet and very cool without trying at all.
- FARMYARD – this is the cutest baby brand out there! Created by Emma (who happens to be my second cousin) who designs everything herself – it’s quite a new brand but she’s already racking up all sorts of awards.
- COSTUME – the most delicious clothes boutique selected with so much care.
- TALES FOR TADPOLES – this store is wonderful, it started out as a pop up a good few years ago and it’s pretty wonderful to see that it’s still around. It has the loveliest books and art prints for the little ones. And a few months back I saw and stood behind EMILY BLUNT at the counter with her sister in there which might have been the biggest thrill of my life (she was unbelievably sweet and unassuming obvz).
Other places and people we’d like to mention include the below –
- POT BELLIED PIG
- TWO BOYS BREW
- LEO + CICI (the COOLEST chick ever with the BEST EYE for all your interior designing needs)
- VOICI – best crepes EVER
- MOONS YOGA – dear friend and super yogi Sinead, she runs the best yoga studio out in Blackrock and is actually running online classes at the moment which is EXTREMELY handy given our current lockdown.
- THE CREEP DIVE PODCAST – this is a mate’s podcast, she’s the uber hilarious one. It’s as gross as it is PEE-IN-YOUR-PANTS funny and is SOOOOOOOOOO perfect for taking your mind off things. You can support them on Patreon.
- And I’ve got to mention Jo Linehan and Jennie McGinn too – they are playing a blinder at the moment trying to put a focus on smaller businesses but in fairness this is kind of their thing all year round. Super talented ladies that are super lovely and super savvy. Thank you ladies.